02.10.2013

10..9..8..

Back in October last year I made my first doll for my little daughter and it is not exaggerated to say that this has changed my life. I’ve been loving to work with fabrics and wool basically all my life - probably some kind of heritage since this passion is very common in my family. Many years ago I even started to study fashion design but it turned out to be not the right thing at that time…Nevertheless the love for craft always stayed with me and I wondered if I’ll ever find a way to exploit this to the full. I tried many things and ideas but it just wasn’t right. And then I ordered this book by Karin Neuschütz, made my first doll and  fell in love with it (to my own total surprise). I think the reason why is that doll making and running this blog involves so many different things that I never get bored.

So basically a whole new world opened up for me and my etsy shop opening on October, 26th  
will be my next step on this journey.
 
Paula on the picture here (you might notice her from my post about her hair some weeks ago) is one of three 45cm dolls which will be available online then. The other two are not really ready and dressed yet and I am still wondering what they will wear …Regarding this question I got some inspiration from Garance (one of my favorite bloggers – she’s brilliant and I love her) who found her perfect red very recently. Her post reminded me of this amazing dark red knitted fabric I bought the other day (you see, sometimes I get a little lost in my own stash…you can never have enough fabric, can you???). So you’ll certainly see some red around here but for Paula it's a pastel rose/beige...

Sneak peak on Paula's dress…

You’ll see a lot more pictures of her and the other two very soon.

I gotta go and finish some dresses, wigs and all the rest that needs to be prepared...

xox