08.09.2013

the hill

Little redhead Maya is enjoying the last moments of summer and a hill view piknik...


 

 
Whenever I feel the need to breathe and see some green I escape to a small village called Worpswede in the surroundings. It became quite famous in the 18th century when a handful urban artists turned their back on city life and made it their new home. I used to live there and still feel kind of at home once I pass the town sign. Besides lots of other special features Worpswede is also the place with the only hill far and wide called Weyerberg. I absolutely love the view which is the reason why I chose this place for taking these pics.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 My little shoot there was really magical since I found a beautiful summery landscape in front of but an autumnally, vermilion field behind me.  It was looking like burning flames and fitted the hair of Maya so perfectly well….
 
 

 

 
Maja is a 40cm custom doll I made for little Mathilda – the goddaughter of a friend of mine. Her dress is made of vintage fabric and a bit of lace and since autumn is knocking on our door she brought her woolen coat and shoes.
Enjoy the colors of summer and autumn…
xox