30.08.2013

studio buzz

 
 

It’s all about hair and eyes these days here in my little studio.

I spend a lot of time playing around with a variety of materials, shapes, lengths, methods and so on. This process leaded me to felting the eyes of my dolls - it combines a soft but also three-dimensional look which I was aiming for. Finding a proper hair-do on the other hand normally evolves while the doll is shaped up. The source of material is rather small due to  strict toy safety regulations in Europe so I was glad to have found the Wendsleydale locks shown on the picture. It takes quite a lot of preparation before the wefted hair is ready to be made into a wig but I think it’s worth it….



Wendsleydale locks already sorted and sized 



wefted locks (locks have been sewn together at the top into a continuous strip)


 



Paula with curls ....
 
 

 
Thanks to Gabi from FairyWoolDolls who has shared a wig tutorial which can be found on her blog. This is more or less the method I use and I really apprechiate she’s sharing her knowledge with us.

xox

Coming up next:
 
Paula's picnic
and
A little redhead for Mathilda