11.06.2014

The real me

Those of you who still love Sex and the City as much as I do might remember Carrie Bradshaw stumbling and falling in front of a thousand cameras during a Dolce & Gabbana runway show - same thing happened to me recently (this is a metaphor - of course I don't have anything to do with D&G - unfortunately...).

So, things have changed unexpectatly and quite dramatically for me in the last couple of weeks since a business-related and quite important episode in my life has come to an end (when I don't make dolls I'm a psychologist btw...). The whole thing has turned my life upside down - you know, all sorts of emotional states and what not...but I'm a lucky girl since I'm blessed with a great family and some really awesome friends - and I own all SatC seasons!
So, let's see what Carrie did: she stumbled, she fell, faced her fears and picked herself up.

Ok: stumbled - yep, fell - yep, faced fears - check - picked myseld up - mmhh, not yet accomplished...you see, I'm still in that "peel-myself-off-the-ground" phase which is a good thing for both our home and my health since I'm renovating like crazy (you should see our kitchen after all this cleaning, painting, furniture polishing) and have started a really amazing vegan diet. The latter is actually quite a change since I never had anything to do with this type of lifestyle before but this guy has revolutionized vegan food and created incredible recipes - highly recommendable!

Matcha tea powder and Attila Hildmann's bestseller "Vegan for youth"


While I'm currently busy with my reset/find inner balance/rebuilding home program my dolls need to wait patiently for me to get back to them. I haven't touched wool or fabric for weeks and obviously all ideas and plans are in the back at the moment. But I started to redecorate my little studio today and got the feeling that I might get back to dollmaking very soon.

tiny flowers in my studio
 

 Here's a studio glimpse - a tiny boquet from our balcony, my book shelf and "Quilt Roads" from Kaffe Fassett - one of my all time favorite designers. Just looking at one of his books with those beautiful pictures of his magnificent quilts immediately puts a smile on my face...

And in case you end up stumbling: "The real me" season 4 episode 2....

xox